Abayudaya Centennial Trip
Travel to Uganda with Be’chol Lashon to celebrate the 100th year anniversary of the Abayudaya Jewish community!
June 23 – July 2, 2019
– Includes a student scholarship
Deposit: $500 per person
Flights are not included. A limited number of scholarships are available. Students, young adults, Jewish professionals and need-based applicants should contact us for more information.
Want to participate but can’t travel to Uganda?
• Learn about the political, religious and cultural diversity of Uganda.
• Tour the Ugandan Parliament as special guests of Parliament member and Abayudaya spiritual leader Rabbi Gershom Sizomu.
• Dip your feet in Lake Victoria, the source of the mighty Nile River.
• Experience a Ugandan Shabbat while Rabbi Sizomu’s daughter becomes a Bat Mitzvah.
• Feast on local and international cuisine at our welcome and farewell dinners and at the Centennial celebration.
• Sing and dance with the entire Abayudaya community to celebrate 100 years of Judaism in Uganda.
• Engage in discussions about Be’chol Lashon’s mission, Jews as a multicultural people, and identity politics in America.
Message from Rabbi Gershom Sizomu
[video_lightbox_youtube video_id=”5JjW0Wn9Gtc” width=”640″ height=”480″ anchor=”https://globaljews.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/gershom_invitation.png”]
10 days, 9 nights (see itinerary below)
Experienced Be’chol Lashon trip leaders and local Abayudaya guides
Travelers are responsible for most meals, with the freedom to dine on your own or join the group at selected restaurants
Accommodations at 4-5 star hotels
Abayudaya Centennial Celebration and other program costs
Honored on Centennial Tree at Stern Synagogue in Nabagoye