Marcella White Campbell
Marcella White Campbell served as the Executive Director and as Director of Marketing and Communications of Be’chol Lashon, an organization that has advocated for the diversity of the Jewish people for more than 20 years.
Before joining Be’chol Lashon, Marcella was a branding and storytelling consultant, guiding clients towards developing clear, innovative, and culturally sensitive content and media. Prior to that, she was a brand and marketing manager and copywriter.
Marcella holds a BA in English from Stanford University and an MA in Literature from SFSU, where she focused on the memoirs of early 20th-century Jewish American women writers and received the Graduate Student Award for Distinguished Achievement. Her writing has been published in numerous outlets, including The Forward, Kveller, Huffington Post, and Jewish&, Be’chol Lashon’s online publication that amplifies the voices of ethnically and racially diverse Jews.
Marcella lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband and two children, both of whom are Camp Be’chol Lashon lifers. She is a Board Member of Or Shalom Jewish Community and a Board Member Emeritus of French American International School.
• Talking Race, COVID-19, and Health Justice with Dr. Denise Davis, Jewish&, February 1, 2021
• People on the Path, Congregation Beth Sholom, January 22, 2021
• For the first time, a Jew of color will lead pathbreaking diversity group Be’chol Lashon, JTA, January 18, 2021
• Meet Marcella White Campbell, Be’chol Lashon’s New Executive Director, Jewish&, January 14, 2021
• After Pittsburgh, Why “They” Won’t Win, Jewish&, October 31, 2018
• A Letter to My Black and Jewish Daughter in Light of the Election, Jewish&, November 17, 2016